Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Read the Fine Print

Still doing KML Google Earth stuff. I'm working on a tool that generates kml/kmz files from an Excel file, and you can set it up to do some classifications including color, etc...I kept coming across that the legend I was creating in .NET (using GDI+) was not the same colors as the symbols. These were simple icons, testing using the paddle icon. Could not figure out why I was getting different colors, until I revisited the KML reference and actually read the whole paragraph regarding color. I had only read the alpha part to set transparency. Unlike the rest of the world (including Google Maps, and Google Charts APIs), KML color is Blue Green Red, not the typical Red Green Blue. I guess the fault, or annoyance, really lies with Keyhole. Not difficult, just needed to rearrange the values.

No comments: